Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CEO Sydney ILe@rn with Mobile Devices - Ipad 2 - Module 3

This entry is being done on the Ipad which is already jumping a step ahead with the next module. I'll reflect on that a little later.

For my evaluation of an app, I have decided to evaluate Popplet. I have included a copy of the evaluation for your viewing. 

My scan will includes my evaluation and suitability for the app. The limitations of Ipads do let the app down at the moment. I do see potential once such updates to software to support the app are done. Because of these limitations, it has hard to access relevant support pages which cannot be viewed on an Ipad at this stage.

Learning wise, it does have potential for classroom learning and as a Teacher Librarian would recommend it across any Key Learning Area. 

Within the context of the ILe@rn framework, I chose the app because it supports the development of Information Literacy Skills (ILS) relating to the communication of information. Within the framework it addresses communication and collaboration skills through communicating ideas (brainstorming notes). This includes mind mapping, which requires the student to complete notes in their own words to communicate their understanding of the ideas and/or concepts. It can be done either individually or in collaboration with their peers. It also supports critical thinking as mind mapping requires the student to identify linkages and relationships with the content that has been learned. As a teacher it allows me to assess student understanding of content as through use of the app they are communicating their own ideas.